The West End Journal
This is Your Community Newsletter
The West End Journal is the only media outlet exclusively serving Vancouver's West End community, residents, and businesses.
We define our West End as extending west from Burrard Street, from shore to shore.
Davie Village, English Bay, The Robson & Denman neighbourhood, Coal Harbour, and the Robson High Street are the cornerstones of our community.
The West End Journal has four platforms for sharing community news and stories:
- The website at www.thewestendjournal.ca;
- Our page at The West End Journal on Facebook;
- The Twitter feed @WestEndJournal;
- A monthly "This Month In Your West End" printed brochure-style calendar of events, distributed through coffee shops and community centres throughout the community.
The West End Journal is interested in receiving:
- Advance notice of your community events and activities;
- Photos and illustrations to accompany your announcements;
- Your photos taken at community events around the West End and Coal Harbour;
- Your ideas for "Viewpoints" columns.
- Just about anything else you'd like to share with us!
Send all to editor & publisher Kevin Dale McKeown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your event announcements using this form below. Send images (see below) to email@example.com. Be sure to include the event name, photo credit, and identify individuals in the photo when submitting.
Photo & Illustration Specifications
Photos at the web standard 72 ppi (pixels per inch) can be used on our website and Facebook page. For use in the printed This Month In Your West End calendar photos and other graphics must be scanned at 300 ppi. If you don't have a scanner but do have a print of your photo or graphic, your neighbourhood Staples, UPS, or other business service outlet can do this for you at a modest charge.
The West End Journal publishes (our old-school term for refreshing our website) on the Monday closest to ten days before the first of each month. We do this to ensure that our readers have ample time to plan their activities for the month to com.
There have to be deadlines, and we try to adhere to them. Exceptions are always possible, of course, but we ask that all material, for the next four issues, be received by:
Month Deadline Publication
- March Monday, February 19 Monday, February 26
- April Monday, March 19 Monday, March 26
- May Monday, April 16 Monday, April 23
- June, 2018 Monday, May 14 Monday, May 21
Send us your stories, photos, and ideas, and join the conversation!
Kevin Dale McKeown